1.1 "Buyer" means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
1.2 "Consumer" shall have the meaning ascribed in section 2 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
1.3 "Contract" means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Terms and Conditions;
1.4 "Goods" means the articles (including any digital content) that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
1.5 "Seller" means Close Parent Ltd of Units 2-3 Alders Court, Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1LT, England that owns and operates www.closeparent.com
1.6 "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this agreement and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
1.7 "Website" means www.closeparent.com
2.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
2.2 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2.4 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
2.5 Any complaints should be addressed to the Seller's address stated in clause 1.5.
3.1 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not to accept an order for any reason.
3.2 Where the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available from stock the Buyer shall be notified and given the option to either wait until the Goods are available from stock or cancel the order and receive a full refund within 14 days.
3.3 When making an order through the Website, the technical steps the Buyer needs to take to complete the order process are described in [THE ORDER PROCESS SECTION].
4. Price and payment
4.1 The price of the Goods shall be that stipulated on the Website. The price is inclusive of VAT.
4.2 The total purchase price, including VAT, delivery and other charges, if any, will be displayed in the Buyer’s shopping cart prior to confirming the order.
4.3 After the order is received the Seller shall confirm by email the details, description and price for the Goods together with information on the right to cancel if the Buyer is a Consumer.
4.4 Payment of the price plus VAT and delivery charges must be made in full before dispatch of the Goods.
5. Rights of seller
5.1 The Seller reserves the right to periodically update prices on the Website, which cannot be guaranteed for any period of time. The Seller shall make every effort to ensure prices are correct at the point at which the Buyer places an order.
5.2 The Seller reserves the right to withdraw any Goods from the Website at any time.
5.3 The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing any Goods from the Website or for refusing to process an order.
6. Age of consent
6.1 Where Goods may only be purchased by persons of a certain age the Buyer will be asked when placing an order to declare that they are of the appropriate legal age to purchase the Goods.
6.2 If the Seller discovers that the Buyer is not legally entitled to order certain Goods, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the order immediately, without notice.
7.1 Goods supplied within the UK will normally be delivered within 5 working days of acceptance of order but in any event, within 30 days after the Contract is entered into.
7.2 Goods supplied outside the UK will normally be delivered within 10 working days of acceptance of order but in any event, within 30 days after the Contract is entered into.
7.3 Where a specific delivery date has been agreed, and where this delivery date cannot be met, the Buyer will be notified and given the opportunity to agree a new delivery date or receive a full refund.
7.4 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer’s address specified in the order and the Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. The Seller is under a legal obligation to supply Goods in conformity with the Contract.
7.5 Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer when they are in the physical possession of the Buyer.
7.6 Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until payment of the price has been made in full.
The Buyer, if a Consumer, has the right to cancel the Contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The conditions, time limits and procedures for exercising the Buyer’s right to cancel are laid out in the Schedule to these Terms and Conditions together with a cancellation form, in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
9. Remedy for breach
All Goods (including digital content) supplied by the Seller must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If the Goods are faulty, the Buyer is entitled to a repair or a replacement. If the fault cannot be fixed within a reasonable time, or without causing the Buyer significant inconvenience, the Buyer is entitled to a full or partial refund.
10. Limitation of liability
10.1 The Seller shall not be responsible for:
10.1.1 losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the Seller; or
10.1.2 any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure); or
10.1.3 any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both the Buyer and the Seller.
10.2 The Seller shall not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This condition does not affect the Buyer’s legal right to have Goods sent within a reasonable time or to receive a refund if Goods ordered cannot be supplied within a reasonable time owing to a cause beyond the Seller’s reasonable control.
10.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the Seller’s responsibility for fraudulent representations made by it or for death or personal injury caused by the Seller’s negligence or wilful misconduct.
No waiver by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future.
12. Force majeure
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
14. Changes to terms and conditions
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time but this right shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the Buyer upon making a purchase.
15. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. Promotional Codes
Where you use a valid promotion code, the following additional terms and conditions apply on the discounts:
- Discounts will only be available on order values over the amount stated in the offer;
- Discounts are only valid until the date published;
- Discounts are only redeemable for purchases made on this website (closeparent.com);
- Discounts are not refundable;
- Only one discount may be used per customer per transaction;
- We reserve the right to end any Discounts at any time including prior to the advertised end date without notice;
- Exclusions may apply where a code cannot be used against a specific purchase, and Close Parent reserve the right to alter these exclusions at any time; All codes will not be valid on new collections or discounted items unless specified.
- Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, unless expressly indicated;
17. Gift Cards
- Closeparent.com gift vouchers can be used to purchase goods only online at closeparent.com
- Gift vouchers and unused portions of gift vouchers expire one year from the date of issuance.
- Close Parent gift cards can only be used once when the whole amount has been claimed
- The total value of the gift voucher will be applied against the total order including VAT. If your order exceeds the amount of your gift voucher, you must pay for the balance by debit or credit card.
- Promotional offers, coupons and discounts may not be applied toward the purchase of a closeparent.com gift voucher.
- You can store your gift card in your apple wallet by scanning the QR code given.
- When redeeming gift cards online you will be required to provide the voucher number printed on the gift card.
- If you have to return goods for credit originally purchased online using gift card(s), then in most instances it will return onto your card and you will have the same voucher number.
- The cash value of a gift voucher is 0.000p.
- Close Parent is not responsible for lost or stolen gift vouchers.
- No VAT is charged when buying a gift voucher; however, purchases paid for with a gift cards will be charged applicable VAT.
- Gift Cards given away for promotional purposes may not be used in conjunction with other offer or promotion codes
Free Gifts and Promotional Offers
- The free gift cannot be substituted for cash or credit note or in exchange for any other item.
- Where applicable, free gifts remain at one per person. Placing multiple orders or orders for multiple items does not entitle you to more than one free gift.
- Offers and free gifts are only available on orders placed here on our website, www.closeparent.com
- The free gift offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion that we run on our website, unless otherwise stated.
- Only one free gift per order, per person, per address for the duration of the offer / promotion (If you place more than one order with us in the period the free gift offer is running, you will only receive the gift on your first order), unless otherwise stated.
- If a customer wishes to return an order or item which qualified for a gift with purchase, the transaction can only be refunded if the gift with purchase item is also returned.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Close Parent is final.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended terms and conditions on this page.
Right to cancel
1 You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
2 The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day:
(a) of the conclusion of the contract, in the case of a service contract or a contract for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium;
(b) on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods, in the case of a sales contract;
(c) on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good, in the case of a contract relating to multiple goods ordered by the consumer in one order and delivered separately;
(d) on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last lot or piece, in the case of a contract relating to delivery of a good consisting of multiple lots or pieces;
(e) on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the first good, in the case of a contract for regular delivery of goods during a defined period of time.
3 To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us Close Parent Ltd of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
If you electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement on our website we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (e.g. by e-mail) without delay.
4 To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
5 If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
6 We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
7 We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
8 We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
9 In the event of cancellation we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back (where we have not offered to collect the goods) or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Return of goods
10 You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us at Close Parent Ltd, Units 2-3 Alders Court, Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1LT, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
Cost of returning goods
11 You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
12 You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
· Pay Later
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
Breast Pad Money back guarantee T’s and C’s
- Pads must be returned within two weeks of purchase (*latest cutoff date for any return is August 22nd)
- All packs must be complete and clean, no missing items (as per order) If returning the fulltime pack the stuff sack must also be included to qualify.
- You may be asked to fill in a brief questionnaire asking for feedback as to why you have decided to return the items for credit.
- It is the customers responsibility to cover the cost of returning the goods to Close (proof of postage will be required if goods go missing.)
- The Close store credit will only be raised once the goods are received back and checked. It may take up to 48 hours to process the return so please be patient.
- The Close store credit voucher will £11.00 for single pack and £30.00 for the multi-pack
- This store voucher is only valid on the Close Parent website. It can be used against anything in the store. It may be used in association with a pre-existing voucher code. Please note you don’t have to spend the voucher in one go you can redeem it over multiple purchases, if you spend more than the voucher amount it will simply deduct the voucher value at checkout.
- This store voucher is only valid until 31/12/2020 and so must be redeemed before this date.
Baby Show Competition T&Cs
Full Terms and Conditions for our Online baby show competition.
1.By submitting your entry you agree to the rules of our competition. If you do not agree please do not submit your entry. 2. Competition closes at 11.59PM on 6th November 2020 entries received after this date will not be considered. 3. A winner will be chosen at random from everyone who enters via omni-send. by 13th November. 4. No purchase is necessary to enter. The result is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome 5. The winner will be notified via e-mail within five days of the closing date and the prizes will be dispatched within 30 days. Close cannot accept liability for spam settings so please check. 6. The winner will be asked to provide contact details by e-mail so that the prize can be dispatched to the winner. 7. If a winner does not respond within 3 days of direct message notification, close reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in a future draw. 8.To obtain the winner’s name send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Close Parent competitions, Units 2-3, Alders Court, Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1LT. 9. The contact details the winner supplies will be used only for the purposes of administering the competition. 10. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the draw or the prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control. 11. The prize draw is subject to the laws of England and Wales. 12. The promoter and organiser of the prize draw is Close Parent Limited (“Close”). 13. The competition is open to UK residents only, excluding employees of the participating brands, their immediate family, or any person or company directly associated with the competition. 14. To enter simply enter simply complete the above form 15. Only one entry per email address entries from multiple email addresses will not count. 16. Close reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at any time. 17. You will win all the prices listed above. 18.The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. 19. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. 20.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform.